Did you know that Hoosiers are more likely to die due to a drug overdose than a car accident?
The Lighthouse, located in Northeast Indiana, exists to serve individuals who struggle with life-altering addictions by providing structure, education, support, and mentorship. They also strive to be a bridge in the healing process between these individuals and their families.
They do this by offering faith based residential addiction services, mentorship, consultation services, drug testing, and community training/education.
In the month of April, Blackhawk will be collecting nonperishable foods for The Lighthouse’s Food Bank.
Some of their current needs are:
- Canned tuna, chicken, beef
- Paper towels
Other ideas include:
- Canned Goods: veggies, soup, fruit, pasta meals, etc.
- Boxed Goods: crackers, boxed meals
- Staples: rice, pasta, flour, sugar, spices, bread mixes, baking mixes, pasta sauce, peanut butter, jelly, oils, sauces
- Misc: Toilet paper, trash bags
We will be collecting these items at the GO Table in the church foyer on April 10th, 17th, and 24th.
Please contact Mandy Cloud with any questions about our collection.