- What did Jesus say about the purpose of Lazarus’ illness?
- Have you ever questioned God’s timing in some circumstance of your life?
- How would you respond to the following statement? “God’s pause is not God’s punishment.”
- How does 2 Corinthians 5:8 give us perspective on our lives?
- Why does Jesus say that He was glad He wasn’t there when Lazarus died?
- During which seasons of your life will your greatest opportunities to point people to Jesus come?
- Can you identify with Martha’s question? (11:21)
- Do which question do you need to respond with the words “Yes, Lord”?
- How does Jesus respond to Mary’s weeping?
- How has your suffering helped to point people to Jesus?
- What is the “law of Christ”?
- What did Jesus model in messy moments of pain?
- What is the relationship between believing and seeing (John 11:40)?
- What can we learn from Jesus’ prayer at Lazarus’ tomb?
- How would you respond to the following quote from C.S. Lewis?
“Pain insists upon being attended to. God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our consciences, but shouts in our pains. It is his megaphone to rouse a deaf world.”