- What is the “deity of Christ”?
- How did the churches in Galatia need reminders from Paul? What about the church at Corinth?
- How did the Christmas passages Kevin read illustrate the deity of Christ?
- What is the importance of the word “image” in Colossians 1:15?
- How does the word “firstborn” connect to the deity of Christ?
- How does the truth that Jesus “holds all things together” encourage you today?
- Why does Paul mention the church in the middle of a passage about the deity of Christ? What is the connection?
- What is the difference between “consumerism” and “contributing” in the church?
- Why is the resurrection of Christ the reason for His supremacy?
- Take a few minutes to read this passage in the New Living Translation. How does that version translate verse 19?
- What does it mean that Christ “knew no sin”? (1 John 3:5) Why does this qualify Him to save us?
- How did the story Kevin told about his son help you to understand the sacrifice of Jesus?
- How is the reconciling work of Jesus an encouragement to you about a specific situation in your life right now?
- Why did the Jewish and Roman authorities seek to kill Jesus? What is the connection between that and the deity of Christ?
- How does the following quote from Oswald Chambers illustrate the deity of Christ?
When Jesus Christ shed his blood on the cross, it was not the blood of a martyr; or the blood of one man for another; it was the life of God poured out to redeem the world.
… Oswald Chambers (1874-1917)
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!